Follow these steps to add your vehicle and open up new features:
• Tap the "Add Vehicle" link near the top of the "Vehicle" screen
• Connect your phone to your vehicle via USB to automatically transfer your vehicle information, or manually enter the last 7 characters of your vehicle identification number (VIN) – this can be found in your BMW service agreement or at the base of your car’s windshield (in North America)
• Select Primary or Secondary user account – choose Primary unless another user is already linked to the same vehicle (this step is only applicable to users in North America; please disregard if you are located outside of North America)
• Locate the code sent to your vehicle under the "Messages" folder within the "ConnectedDrive" menu
• Input the code into the app where prompted
Once this process has been completed there may be a waiting period while the vehicle you have inputted is confirmed and displayed on the "Vehicle" screen.
Note: After purchasing a new vehicle there is a standard account set-up period, during which time your ConnectedDrive account is linked to your new vehicle. Therefore, please wait a few days after the purchase date before attempting to add your vehicle in the app.
This can be due to the following reasons:1. The Vehicleyou are using is not mapped to your ConnectedDrive account. First, map the vehicle to your account. You can do this either via the BMW Connected App or your PC at www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc.
2. You have not submitted a complete address in your ConnectedDrive account. Submit your complete address on your PC at www.bwm-connecteddrive.nsc.
3. You have not provided a credit card in you ConnectedDrive account. Submit your credit card details of the card you wish to use to pay for services on your PC at www.bwm-connecteddrive.de.
4. In some few cases technical incidents can be the case. In this case try again later.
When you login to your ConnectedDrive account at www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc you will be able to see your BMW at the top of the screen and then on the right-hand column a list of currently active services and below this a link to services that are available to add to your BMW.
This information can be found in the overview list of the ConnectedDrive Store. All services you have purchased for your vehicle are marked with an expiration date. You can renew a service 14 days before the expiration date.
For security reasons, the security code is only valid for a limited period of time. You can request a new security code at any time in the "Manage vehicles" menu. Please contact BMW ConnectedDrive Customer Support if you have any queries.
You can renew your ConnectedDrive services from the ConnectedDrive Store link which can be found after logging in to your account at www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc or if you have already added your payment details online you can renew from within the car. Go to the ConnectedDrive menu, then ConnectedDrive Store and you can choose the service you wish to book and the subscription you would like to take out.
You will authorise any transfer of the telematics data to a third party via BMW CarData for a specific purpose.
This purpose must be stated by the third party when sending you a request for access.
If you (or we) should find that the third party is not using the telematics data for the defined purpose, this constitutes abuse.
BMW will become active in this case and may prevent further use of the BMW CarData services by the third party.
In order to do so log in to www.bmw.routes.com with your BMW ConnectedDrive Portal access data. Then select "Plan your own routes". Via "Route criteria" you can individually plan your journey and also take the current traffic situation into account. Give your plannedroute a name and optionally insert a "route image" with a description. You are able to "touch" the Route with the mouse and individually edit the course of the route. Once you have planned your route you can directly send it into your BMW.
Please note that the new password must follow these rules: Use at least eight characters. Use characters from at least two of the following groups - Letters (abc = ABC, no ÄÖÜ) - Numbers - Special Characters ( _/,;&@#*)(–+.")
Telematics data transferred to BMW servers by your vehicle will be saved there in accordance with the latest state of technology. Any transfer to third parties only takes place with your explicit prior consent and for a specific purpose,
We recommend that you carry out the "BMW CarData Reset" function on the ConnectedDrive customer portal. The BMW CarData Reset will reset all BMW CarData settings to their default state. This will immediately and irrevocably delete all data access for your vehicle, as well as all archive files.