BMW has introduced a new user management system "My BMW". With this system it is possible to log in with the same access data on all BMW websites. In case you have already registered for the BMW websites in My BMW you can use this access data to log in to My BMW ConnectedDrive.
You have recently added this vehicle to your user account. For reasons of security, you have to enter a security code to complete the process. This has been sent to your vehicle, and you will find it in the vehicle in the menu CONNECTEDDRIVE/MESSAGES.
Follow these steps to add your vehicle and open up new features:
• Tap the "Add Vehicle" link near the top of the "Vehicle" screen
• Connect your phone to your vehicle via USB to automatically transfer your vehicle information, or manually enter the last 7 characters of your vehicle identification number (VIN) – this can be found in your BMW service agreement or at the base of your car’s windshield (in North America)
• Select Primary or Secondary user account – choose Primary unless another user is already linked to the same vehicle (this step is only applicable to users in North America; please disregard if you are located outside of North America)
• Locate the code sent to your vehicle under the "Messages" folder within the "ConnectedDrive" menu
• Input the code into the app where prompted
Once this process has been completed there may be a waiting period while the vehicle you have inputted is confirmed and displayed on the "Vehicle" screen.
Note: After purchasing a new vehicle there is a standard account set-up period, during which time your ConnectedDrive account is linked to your new vehicle. Therefore, please wait a few days after the purchase date before attempting to add your vehicle in the app.
There are basically two different types of e-mail account. In the case of a "POP3" e-mail account, the messages are retrieved from the server and deleted from the server in the process. This means, for example, that you can no longer access these e-mails from a second computer. In the case of IMAP mailboxes, the e-mail messages are not deleted, but, instead, copies of them are stored in your e-mail program. You can link several e-mail programs with the mailbox. Changes are then replicated in every e-mail program and you can retrieve your e-mail messages as often as you wish.
When you login to your ConnectedDrive account at www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc you will be able to see your BMW at the top of the screen and then on the right-hand column a list of currently active services and below this a link to services that are available to add to your BMW.
Via www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc you can comfortably register and manage your personal data, vehicles as well as services. A seperate registration form is not necessary. The previously issued registrations expire with the end of the contract. The expiration date of a service can be found in the BMW ConnectedDrive Portal under "Booked Services".
Within the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal you have the possibility of managing your personal data and BMW ConnectedDrive Services. The integrated BMW ConnectedDrive Store informs you on possibilities, costs and runtimes of different services like Online Entertainment or Real Time Traffic Information for example. Services that are available for your vehicle can be directly purchased through the BMW ConnectedDrive Store for different time periods.
Via BMW ConnectedDrive you can set up external e-mail accounts in order to receive and answer e-mails from your vehicle. And even without being distracting while driving as the BMW e-mail service reads out the content of e-mails and enables you to answer qucikly by using prepared, short answertexts. Your e-mail account is comfortably configured via the BMW ConenctedDrive Portal. To do so select "Remote Cockpit" then "Control" and the "Set up email accounts". Here you are able to add your email account. Insert your user specific data and select an email provider. Certain settings options are then completed automatically.
The status of your BMW eDrive dates back to the end of your last trip. Your BMW eDrive transmits important data to BMW every time you park your car. If your vehicle is parked no data will be transmitted.
This can be due to the following reasons:1. The Vehicleyou are using is not mapped to your ConnectedDrive account. First, map the vehicle to your account. You can do this either via the BMW Connected App or your PC at www.bmw-connecteddrive.nsc.
2. You have not submitted a complete address in your ConnectedDrive account. Submit your complete address on your PC at www.bwm-connecteddrive.nsc.
3. You have not provided a credit card in you ConnectedDrive account. Submit your credit card details of the card you wish to use to pay for services on your PC at www.bwm-connecteddrive.de.
4. In some few cases technical incidents can be the case. In this case try again later.
The BMW ConnectedDrive Store accepts Visa and Mastercard credit cards and Visa debit cards. We do not accept American Express at the current time. Purchases can be made online or in the BMW iDrive via the ConnectedDrive Store.
The messages and symbols match those in your vehicle. You will also find a description of the symbols in the Owner’s Handbook for your vehicle. If a service is required, please contact your BMW Service Partner.